Kia Ora everybody!
I had nothing to do today in Auckland, so I decided to go to Waiheke Island which is only 35min ferry ride away from the city. I have been told it's a nice place to visit so that's why I wanted to go there, too bad that I picked a day that wasn't so good when it comes to weather. You should definately go there on a warm sunny day in order to enjoy the beaches they have there. There wasn't that much to do today... I was looking forward just to chillax at the beach and read my book, but it was just way too grey and windy for that. I did the island tour that was commentated, took about an hour and 20min or so, but it wasn't the best. The driver just told us a little bit about the island and the people living there and the fact that most of the island is just vineyards and farm land. There's about 8000 people living there through out the year and in the summer a lot more as there are a lot of summer houses in that island.
So I did the guided bus tour, had some lunch and a cup of bad coffee, was enjoying my book and then head back out to the ferry and here I am again, in Auckland. Well the good thing was that it took most of my day, I left at 10am and was back at the hostel at 4pm, so now I don't have to wonder what to do today, I'll be ready for bed in few hours :D
That was about it on the subject of Waiheke Island. I'd recommend the place, it really seems like a nice little relaxed island. I'm already looking forward to going there again, maybe for the whole weekend when it's warm and sunny :) Just to relax on the beach and do nothing... sounds good to me :) And the sceneries are beautiful there too, I'll add some pictures of it to FB later on, just try to imagine what it would look like if the sun was out :D
As far as the job searching goes, I've sent my CV to 4-5 agencies now, so I really hope something will come up soon. I can't wait to find my own place to live, even though I'm getting a bit used to this hostel, I still don't want to use the common kitchen for cooking... I find that a bit odd and uncomfortable with loads of people around you. And I wouldn't mind having my own room either, having a place to put my stuff in other than my rucksack or the locker under the bed... Plus at the moment, I have a very annoying roommate who wants to chat like all the time, even when I'm trying to read my book!! Oh well, I'll survive :D
Got to go now, I'll get back to you when I have something to write about again :) *mwah* kisses and hugs <3
PS. Can't believe it's May already!!! I've been away from home for a month now and it so doesn't feel like that long ago... wow..
ReplyDelete