So it's been couple of days again and I haven't had the time to write on my blog. So I'll give you a quick rewiev on these last few days.
We spent two days in Taupo, but since it was the easter holiday weekend, there wasn't that much to do here. We arrived Thursday afternoon, a bit before 4pm and I spend that day (what was left of it) looking for a dentist that could see me because I'd had horrible toothache for the past week or so. Finally found one, rushed to get there as I only got 30min to find the place before they closed and got some antibiotics to help ease the pain. It's ok now btw, in case someone is interested :D Will need to say dentist later on in Auckland though.. Next day was Good Friday so didn't do much on that day either. Slept in late, had a really nice breakfast at a cafe nearby and then strolled around the town and went to the movies :)
From Taupo we drove to River Valley. We stayed in this lodge that was like between the mountains there, at the very bottom next to the river. It was really cold out there with outside bathrooms and all. It was like camping actually :D I woke up at like 5am to go to the toilet in my t-shirt and was so freaking freezing... We had a really good barbeque on the evening when we arrived there and all and all I must admid that the food was super good. Just for food, I might have wanted to stay for another night too :D
Next morning we went on a 2hour horse trecking trip. That was pretty cool, nice surroundings and all that. Was a bit scary though as the hills were pretty steep and the horse was walking like right on the edge... I had to concentrate a bit too much just to controll the horse and for that reason didn't have much time to fully enjoy the sceneries. But I still liked it :) And our tour guide was complementing me the way I handled my horse so that was nice to hear :)) Like at one point we went down again on this very steep hill and she said (when I found my way down) that it was very well done as usually that horse is running down the hill instead of walking very slowly. I just thanked her for not telling me beforehand :D
From River Valley we went to Welligton where I spent two days. Again, still the easter weekend so not much to do there. Noticed right away why they call it a windy city, that it truely is. It wasn't really warm and welcomming either, not like other places where you immediately feel that it's nice to be in. There was few things I wanted to do in Wellington and one of them was to take one of the LOTR tours :D BUT as it was an easter monday, the Weta caves (as they call the studios) was closed. It's only closed for 4 days in the entire year and this happened to be one of them! So dissapointed... Then I thought I might as well take the cable car up to the botanic gardens just to spend some time there, BUT when I got to the cable car station, there was a lady there who told me it was broken. It would have taken an hour or two to fix it so I didn't want to stay and wait for it. So all I did in Wellington was wondering around the city, went to the Te Papa national museum for few hours and in the evening we went to the movies with some guys from our bus. But I do not feel too bad, as I'll probably visit Wellington again when I head down to south island for my tour, part 2, later on this year. I'll do the LOTR tour then, that's all I want from that city :D
That's about all I have to say for now, I'm currently in Taupo but only for one night. Tomorrow heading back to Auckland to finally look for that job and sort some things out like the social security number (that has hopefully arrived already) and to look for a place to rent. It would be sooooooo nice to get out of these hostels. Kind of had enough already. Miss my own peace and quiet place and own kitchen so I can start cooking my food again instead of going out every day. Ok so see you later alligators!!
No comments:
Post a Comment