Hello there :)
So apparently I have at least one reader on my blog, so I better write something on it sometimes :) I thought no one was reading it, so I've been lazy lately in keeping it up to date. The other reason I haven't been writing is the fact that I haven't got anything to write about :D Time is going past so fast even though I have nothing to do.
So I still don't have a job, but you can't blame me for not trying. I'm trying so hard to get something, but it seems to be really difficult getting any job... There are so many people here at the moment looking for jobs that it's just unbelievable. I heard that even the locals have to go to Australia to look for a job as they can't get one here! I've got few interviews so far, but they were for sales jobs, where you had to go from door to door trying to sell something or asking people to donate money for charity. I can't do that. Especially the collecting money for charity where you had to keep a smile on your face for 8 hours a day and give this ready made speech on every door... no way hose. As I told my roommate, us Finns are not capable to smile 8 hours a day, it's in our nature to be depressed and complain about staff most parts of the day. At least I am, there's no way you can make me smile whole day through, it's physically impossible. I'd get a headache sooner or later from it :D I can't sell stuff either. If someone tells me; no, I don't want to buy anything from you!' I'd go; thats ok, sorry to bother you. So I don't think I'd be a good salesperson as I can't persuade someone to change their minds. No sales jobs for me please... I need something else.
The other thing that's really frustrating is that you can see the advertisement for 'temps wanted for office jobs' like all the time, but why don't they just hire me? That's exactly what I'm looking for, a temporary job in an office. I've got calls from agency that I've sent my CV to that they will let me know as soon as they have a job for me and that there's lots of temporary office roles available, but then I don't hear from them again. So I don't know if there's just so many people applying for jobs right now that I don't have a change to get even to the interviews or what. But it's not like I don't have experience in that field. Oh well, I guess all I can do is wait and see what happens. And keep on looking of course. I really really hope I can get a job here, so I don't have to come home earlier than I planned. It's not that I don't miss home, I do, but I have the rest of my life to be at home, so I wanna stay here for now and I want to see the rest of the country too before I leave.
Ok so enough for the complaining. So the summary of this all was basically that I haven't really done much to report about, just been looking for a job and spending my time around Auckland city centre and the hostel. There's not that much to do if you don't want to spend money around here, so my favourite past time during sunny days is going to the park to read a book :) I usually get a coffee from Starbucks before going up there and one morning, when I got to the shop the girl behind the counter greeted me by saying: Hi Suvi! And then I knew I've been going there way too often :D :D Well she said the first time she heard my name (they write it on the coffee cups to know who ordered and what) that she thinks it's pretty name, so it wasn't so big deal that she remembered me, I guess.. :)
I think I better go now, I plan to go see movie today so I better check my e-mails and send some job applications before that. I'm so looking forward for the icehockey match tomorrow morning!!! Finland vs. Sweden... that's gonna be LEGEN-----wait for it------DARY!!!
It should be starting at 6.30am so I got to get up early so I can cheer up our boys to, what will hopefully be, a victory!! YEEEEJEEEEEEEEEE!!!! :D Come on boys, you can do this, I know you can!!!
Lots of love to Finnish icehockey team and to my reader(s?) as well :) :) :) <3
-Suvi-
No comments:
Post a Comment