Monday, 30 May 2011

My very first Ta Moko

So as you probably know by now (if you're my friend in Facebook and check it pretty much every day as I do :)), I got my very first Ta Moko done last Saturday, 28th May!! It was my 6th tattoo, but my first Ta Moko, so it's a Maori design tattoo and one of a kind. The guy who did it (thanks Scotty from Otautahi Tattoo) freehanded it on my leg, which I thought was pretty awesome. And I absolutely LOVE it!!!! It's gorgeous, turned out better than I expected!! Still looking forward for it to heal properly, so you can see the shadings he did on it. Oh and it has a lot of meaning to it too, that's the cool part of it. It has my whole family on it, my sisters, my brother and my mom and dad <3 Now I can say they'll be with me where ever I go from now on :))) It's also got water element that represents my travelling, it has a symbol that represents like a new start in life (which this kind of is again, I'm in a country I don't know so I'm starting all over again) and it has this guardian on top, that protects my family. It's just awesome. Because all the symbols it has, it makes my other tattoos look... well, not that cool, as they're all just pictures, made with stensils, not freehanded. But I still do love all my tat's, they all mean a lot to me. This is just most meaningful of them all and no one else has it, it's unique. Can't wait to show it to my family and friends back home :)))

No comments:

Post a Comment