Hello there :) I wanted to tell you a bit more about the trip in Kaikoura. So last Saturday we did the dolphin swimming trip and on Sunday me and my 'roommate' Hannah went for a walk as it was such a gorgeous day. We walked to the seal colony at the end of Kaikoura peninsula and it was pretty cool out there. Took us more than an hour to walk there as we had to stop for my morning coffee on the way, but it was worth it. The seals were laying on the sun and really, I mean really close to us. There was this wooden boardwalk and one of the seals was laying right on top of it, so we had to jump off in order to avoid too close contact with that scary creature :) There were other turists there as well and one of the ladies offered to take our picture while we were standing behind the seal, came out pretty cool picture. Hannah went a bit too close to it and it was 'roaring' at us and showing it's teeth. Pretty scary coming from a big animal like that...
After that we walked up the hill to this beautiful lookout place, where I hopefully got some pretty pictures from. I haven't looked at them yet as my laptop is busted... We continued walking back the same route we came from and stopped for a quick lunch, as there was this bbq fish food cart on the way :) Then we walked to this other lookout place where you can see the town and the beaches from a top of a mountain and that was gorgeous spot as well. All and all this walk took us pretty close to 4hours and we were pretty tired after it, but it was definately worth it. I'm happy I decided to stay in Kaikoura for 3 nights, it's really pretty out there and I could even live in that town :)
Next morning (monday 4.7.) we hopped on the bus again and the driver took us to this waterfall nearby that had cute baby seal swimming in it!! I guess it's like their hang out place or something, there was loads of them! They were swimming and jumping and playing around in the water and they were sooooo cute!! I didn't get good pictures as it was so darn dark in there... :( Should have grabbed my external flashlight, that might have worked. I'll put few pictures anyway up in facebook so you'll get the idea of how close we were to the seals again and how cute they were :)))
So yeah, that was all I wanted to tell you this time, our little seal incounters :D After Kaikoura I spend one night in Wellington and another night in Taupo before arriving to Auckland, but there's nothing to report from those places as I didn't do anything there. It was my 3rd time in both of those cities so I didn't feel like I had to do any of the tourist stuff in there. I got back to Auckland on Wednesday and I'm so happy to be back here. I get to see some familiar faces around the hostel again and it kind of feels like home to me. I was thinking of going for some day trips or something as I still have 10 days left here, but as they are all pretty expensive and I'm pretty tired now, I don't know if I'll do anything. I might just chillax and enjoy the rest of the days I got in this beautiful country :) I'll probably do little something during the days, but nothing major and nothing too expensive. Travelling around has been pretty exhausting on some days and you can't really get a good night sleep in hostels, so I just feel like relaxing now. I even got a massage yesterday (hadn't have one in a looooong looooong time) and it felt really good after carrying that heavy rucksack on my bag for months... I've bought so much stuff, so I have no idea how to get everything back home, but I'll try not to worry about it yet. I may have to just through some of my clotes out and that's it. You can always buy new ones, right? ;)
Oukkidoukki, but see you later alligaters!! I'll probably write at least one more post before I leave NZ :) Love ya!! <3
No comments:
Post a Comment