Wednesday, 13 July 2011

Day trip to Matamata, also know as The Hobbiton :)

Yesterday, Wednesday 13th July, I hopped on a intercity bus at 8am and went to a little town called Matamata, also know as The Hobbiton as the Shire scenes in Lord Of The Rings were filmed a bit outside this town. I got there after 11, got a little lunch and took a Hobbiton film and farm tour at noon. We drove with this little bus on to a farm where they've build the Shire filmset, but now here comes a tricky part. I can't tell you anything about it. We had to sign this confidential agreenment that we can't tell anyone what we've seen or hear while we were there, as they're filming the new Hobbit movie there at the moment. No, not on the day I was there, but anyway, they'll be using that set. So I got lots of pictures from there, but I just can't show them to anyone :D Kind of funny... but then again not, as I'd love to share it with you guys!

But I think it's ok to describe it in a way that I thought it was pretty cool. I'm a huge LOTR -fan, so for me it was pretty awesome to be there in person. I'd recommend doing it, if you're ever gonna visit NZ :)) The bad thing was that it was raining on that day and it had been raining for few days before, so I totally ruined my shoes getting them all muddy :( I got a perfect reason to buy new ones now ;)

So I guess that's all for now... I've been told to enjoy my last few days in NZ, so I'm trying to do just that :) Today I found this great place where I got manicure, pedicure and my eyebrows tinted all for just about 30eur! Wish we'd have places like that back home!! I might even go for a massage later on... :) And to the movies! Kind of sad to leave this place, but then again, really REALLY happy to go home too :)) No more living in hostels, no more being alone if you don't want to (I know, hostels are full of people, so I'm not really alone, but I miss my best friends and family :)). So only 3 whole days more and then I'm off! It's gonna be a loooooong loooooooooooong trip back home, but it will be worth it :) Please try to understand if I'm a bit 'out of it' for the first few days, I'll be travelling more than 24hours in a row, so might take me few days to get back to the rhythm of normal life :D Better go then, off to shoe shopping and lunch, see ya!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment