Tuesday, 21 June 2011

Homesickness...

Yes, today it finally hit me, homesickness. I just realized how much I miss home, I miss my family, my friends, our dogs, my godsons and goddaughter, my little nieces and nephews... oh man, I miss it all. Me and my sister used to talk on the phone pretty much everyday (even though we saw each other pretty much every day :)) and now I haven't talked with her in ages!! And I miss talking to my best friends too... :( I wish one of them were here so I could figure out what to do. I've been in Wanaka over a week now and I've applied for few positions I'd really like to have, but I haven't heard back from them yet. The ski season hasn't started yet, as there's still on important element missing; the snow, so that's one of the main reasons there's no jobs around here now. And I also heard that you really have to know people around here to get a job, so with connections mainly. That sucks for lonely travellers such as my self.

I'm still surviving with money, but that's only 'cause I get help from home (thank goodness I have a loving and supporting family, I'm blessed). But I do feel I can't keep on with this for much longer, so I'm actually thinking of going back home soon.. I'd hate to quit, but I don't know what else to do. And going home when it's summer there doesn't sound bad at all to me :) And I do know people there miss me too, so going back to that sounds pretty good to me right about now :)) I'm happy I got to be here for so long already, it was more than a holiday and I've got to see loads of places around this whole country, I've met loads of awesome people (new friends, yey!) and I've done lots of things and I have so many lovely memories of this country already <3 I do love it, I absolutely love New Zealand. It's a beautiful country filled with souch a friendly people and I'm super happy that I came here. And I know already, I'd love to come again some day :)
Hmm, I think I've just managed to cheer my self up a bit :)) hih, ok, I don't feel so bad now just thinking about all I've got to experience in this place so far :))

So tomorrow I'm heading out again, I'm going to the east coast, to a second largest city of South Island, called Dunedin. I've heard it's a nice place and I want to go and check it out for my self. It's not included in my Kiwi Experience bus pass, so I just ordered bus tickets from the tourist information centre and booked my self a hostel online. I'll be there for 4 nights and then I'm thinking of coming back to Wanaka, to see if any of those job applications I've sent out paid off. But I'll decide that once I'm in Dunedin, maybe I'll like that place so much that I wanna stay there for a while, who knows! :)) I'm keeping my eyes and options open, going as I want to and doing what makes me happy (to avoid these homesickness days when everything just seem to fall apart). Let's call this my plan D, :D I've never had to change my plans so many times as I have here, but hey, life doesn't always turn out the way you've planned it, right? Sometimes you just need to change your plans and go with the flow. See what life brings in front of you the next day. Well, wasn't this a lovely 'dear diary' moment...
I better stop now and try go to sleep soon, as I need to get up early tomorrow to catch that bus to Dunedin. I'll let you know how it is once I get there and will be taking some pictures too to put in to Facebook :)) See you laters alligators, love ya!! :)) <3 *Loads of hugs and kisses*

No comments:

Post a Comment